On Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:14 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Rajesh, Kannan, Chandrakant,

Le Fri, 2 May 2014 12:50:49 -0700 (PDT),
Rajesh Ranjan <rajeshkajha@yahoo.com> a écrit :

 > On Friday, May 2, 2014 11:30 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
 > <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
 > > Rajesh, Kannan, Chandrakant,
 >
 > This is getting interesting :-)
 >
 > May I suggest we work this in two "streams"?
 > - check who is currently working on Indic langages localizations,
 > what localization of constitutionally recognized language is
 > currently missing and who may work on it

 Here is the list who is who of Indian libreoffice l10n as per the
 language team list :-)

 Assamese - Nilamdyuti Goswami
 Bengali (India) - Sankarshan/Runa
 Bodo - Sanjib Narzary
 English - Stuart Swales
 Gujarati - Ankit Patel
 Hindi - Rajesh Ranjan
 Kannada - Vikram Vincent/Shankar Prasad
 Maithili - Sangeeta Kumari
 Malayalam - Manu Unni V G
 Marathi - Sandeep Shedmake
 Nepali - Saaz Rai
 Oriya - Manoj Kumar Giri
 Punjabi - A S Alam
 Tamil - Ve. Elanjelian
 Telugu - Arjuna Rao Chavala/Krishnababu Krothapalli
 Urdu - Khunshan Shabbir

Cool, thanks! It is an impressive list to be sure.

 On status page, all languages' translation are present though
 language teams are for only for the ^^ mentioned names. Teams need to
 be created for the following: Dogri, Kashmiri, Konkani, Manipuri,
 Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi. Chandrakant is eager to push the
 translation for these languages. Probably the previous translations
 done for openoffice (possibly by c-dac) are here with libreoffice.

yes, although it depends on what happened with how active the people
were in 2010-2011 though.

 Through English is not in official 22, but I have added en-GB as well
 as this is one official language and its important in India is not
 less. So for overall promotion purpose we can count this language
 also.

good point.

 > - on this mailing list, discuss and define a few concrete actions
 > to raise LibreOffice awareness in India and improve its
 > distribution.

 Sure...I have not any problem start discussing here right now but
 would like to come here with inputs from other languages' team
 maintainers and possibly after a face-to-face cum irc meeting with
 the people mentioned from lo team. This will be a inclusive view and
 would be more helpful to work for the plan decided here on the on the
 mailing list later.

 > What do you think?

 Hope this is okay?

Absolutely yes. Kannan has already explained the kind of wonderful work
they're doing on their side. Not knowing the Indian field reality
myself, I suggest you could discuss or even answer the following
questions:
- how do we raise brand awareness on LibreOffice in India
- are there specific approaches we can take to promote and have people
  download LibreOffice? Is the distribution of physical supports
  (cd-roms, usb keys) a better way ?
- LibreOffice is meant for pretty much everyone, but do we have to
  target a key population at first?
- LibreOffice is a community too: can we attract volunteers,
  developers, localizers, QA testers, documentation writers?
- let's run a local , small scale event somewhere in India and see who
  shows up. Repeat these events around the country.

Last but not least: do organize an IRC meeting or a physical meeting. I
think it's important.

Thanks for writing in detail. This will help us in ideation about the libreoffice awareness in
India. I have planned an event for ideation about libreoffice in India on 16th May with Chandrakant
in Pune (India). We will discuss in detail about the points you suggested as well along with all
other related items. I will post the detail of the event tomorrow here on the list. Hopefully the
event will be attended by good numbers of libreoffice contributors/language coordinators.

regards,
Rajesh